Saturday, October 17, 2009

Windows 7

Obtained a RTM version of Windows 7 and, I have to admit, it's pretty great. If you like Vista, you'll like the fact that all the spiff is still there but it's a lot faster. Even if you think Vista is quick, like I did, Win 7 is faster, trust me. If you like Win XP you'll like that it's faster and less bulkier than Vista, and on modern machines, just as quick as XP.

Also, finally went 64 bit and have had no regrets. Zero compatibility issues.

Install was the smoothest and fastest of any Windows install I have ever done, and I've done each one many, many times since Win 95.

Sooo...that's my review of Windows 7, for anyone who cares.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I've fallen in love with Windows 7. On launch day I tried convincing my boss to put Win7 on all of the machines at work. Turns out he's a Linux fanboy and was upset enough as it was that we were all running Vista. :\

    ReplyDelete